Tuesday, August 7, 2012

They Call Me Tater Salad

They Call Me Tater Salad


I learned from my Aunt Mary Margaret to make potato salad.
I don't make it often because no one in my family eats it but me.
I made it just the other day for my parents wedding anniversary party.
I decided to write down the recipe.
My sister Valerie, said I needed to name it something current so we did!
Ron White's They Call me "Tater Salad". :^D
Serves enough to feed Coxey's Army. 

Ingredients: 

5 lb bag red skin potatoes
Cooked to tender and peeled and cubed into 2 inch chunks
1/2 large vidalia onion finely chopped
4 ribs celery washed and thinly sliced
Jar of Mayonnaise Dukes or Hellmans
Yellow Mustard
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
Cider vinegar
Celery Seed
salt
Pepper

Directions:

 Prepared all veggies as above
Set aside in large bowl or container

In 2 quart no stick sauce pan place 4 raw eggs
1 cup sugar
and begin to mix with whisk stirring constantly over med. high heat
add vinegar.. to taste

Cook until you have a smooth, thick yellow dressing base.

Add mayonnaise, mustard and celery seed to taste and proper consistency.
Pour over veggies

Stir well.
Place in refrigerator to get completely cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment