Thursday, July 31, 2014

Salmon with Tequila Lime Marinade

Lime Highlights Hydrangea outside my house.


Tequila Lime Marinated Salmon


    Many years ago our good friend Rich Stevenson cooked us a fabulous meal at our 
other pal.. Harry Jone's house.  He grilled salmon marinated in tequila with lime. It was scrumptious!
I am trying to recreate that.  This recipe was OK, but came nowhere close.   I will try it again with
some modifications.  I used wild caught salmon for this which I thought would be delicious.
It was not as flavorful or tender as farm raised salmon.  Next time I'll try using the farm raised salmon.
I will also increase the salt a bit.  


Ingredients: 

2 lb salmon filet
1/2 cup tequila
1/2 tsp kosher salt
sliced limes
juice of 1 lime
dash of dried basil
foil 
 1 tsp. olive oil
Directions:

Preheat oven to 450* 
Juice 1 lime
slice 1 lime
Mix in bowl tequila, lime juice and olive oil
Pour over salmon filet in bowl or container.
Allow to marinate for 30 minutes
Place on foil with marinade 
Top with kosher salt, limes and dash of basil 

Broil in oven for approx. 25-30 minutes until salmon flakes easily with fork

 Salmon marinating. I place it back in the fridge until I'm ready to cook it.




Finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment