Friday, August 1, 2014

Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing

Fancy measuring spoons in my kitchen.. they are heavy duty!
Why? Because the light weight, old aluminum ones got dropped
down the garbage Dispos-All.  Chewed them thangs right up!

Now I know why a person might want to spend $14 on a set of 
measuring spoons. 


Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing

    I still remember the very first time I ever tasted this luscious substance. It became the way I learned to
eat broccoli and cauliflower!  It was at Poppy & Granny Bradley's house.  It was either Aunt Peggy
or Aunt Barbara who introduced us to it.   Back in that day Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk Dressing
was made the way I'm going to post here.  It was how I learned to love it. I don't care for the bottled
brand as much because of the consistency.  It is too gloppy and thick. I find it too salty as well.
I got to calling it Carolina Ketchup because of Jared's friend Walter Rogowski.  He said he eats it on everything. I've had nieces and nephews who've done the same!  
 
   Simple. Easy. Delicious. Fattening.
 
There are lots of good things that can be fixed right in a mason jar. 
 
Ingredients:
1 clean quart mason jar with a tight lid
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing powder
1 cup fresh buttermilk
1 cup mayonnaise

Directions: 

Pour buttermilk into jar
Pour packet of mix into jar
Place lid on tightly and shake
Open and add 1 cup mayonnaise
Replace lid tightly and shake again well until all mixed
and no lumps remain.

The recipe says to chill for 30 minutes before serving, but if the ingredients and cold when I make it I find it is not necessary!

Store refrigerated. Keeps for about a week.
Gather the ingredients

Finished in less than 5 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment