Friday, August 1, 2014

Strawberry Avocado Salad

Ponytail Palm on my front porch


Strawberry Avocado Salad


   I love salads any time of year, but Summer when it is hot I especially prefer lighter meals.
I first had this salad at Grinder & Grains here in Maryville, TN.   They serve it with a perfect
honey thyme dressing, but I don't know how to make that yet.   I will post the recipe if I get it.


Ingredients:
 1 avocado
12 large strawberries washed
1 head of red leaf lettuce washed and drained
1/4 cup feta cheese
1/2 cup slivered almonds 
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 red onion 
2 large salad bowls


Directions: 
Tear lettuce into bite sized pieces and fill bowls
Peel and slice avocado into small bites
Cap, core and slice strawberries and place in salads
Finely slice red onion and place in salad-- its strong so use care.
Top with feta cheese crumbles
Top with slivered almonds & cranberries

Serves 2

Use the dressing of your choice.
 
Finished Strawberry Avocado Salad before dressing
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment