Saturday, November 1, 2014

Kügler Farm Haus Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Kügler Haus @ Moffatts Creek, Virginia



Kügler Farm Haus Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
By Frau Dana Kügler

Ingredients: 


1 3/4 C. all purpose flour
4 C. oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
 1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 C. butter softened
1/4 C. sorghum
1/4 C. white sugar
1 C. packed light brown sugar 
1/2 C buttermilk
1/2 C. golden raisins
1/2 C. regular raisins
1/2 C. chopped walnuts* optional


Directions: 

Preheat Oven to 375*
Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl
Cream softened butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla and buttermilk together
in another large bowl.

Mix in dry ingredients until well blended
Stir in raisins and walnuts

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets
Bake 8-10 minutes or until soft set in 375* oven

Seal in airtight container.

Makes 4 dozen medium sized cookies
I made this recipe up to suit myself when I could not find what I wanted in my Betty Crocker cookbook
They were the best oatmeal raisin cookies I'd ever eaten.








2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Dana! Love these cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. I need to make some right about .... now! :-)

      Delete