Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Baking Cookies With My Granddaughter Tessa


Chokit Fingahs! --someone has been eating chocolate chips! 

Baking Cookies With My Granddaughter Tessa



   I have always tried to bake and do things with my kids and now my grandkids in the kitchen. 
I baked chocolate chip cookies with my granddaughter, Tessa Grace, age 2 the other day.
I let her do as much as she was able. She was great!  She ran the mixer by herself some. She added ingredients after I measured. I let her help me measure.  She was terrific. Her brother, Michael, age 6 is not as interested in baking or cooking. He does not care for the sound of the mixer.   It hurts his ears.    Tessa is not bothered by it.    


        
Tessa runs the mixer! 


Here is the recipe for Nestle Toll House Cookies minus the nuts.
Tessa is very allergic to nuts so we omit them.  

Ingredients:  

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • large eggs
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Nestle Toll House chocolate chips
  • Bakers Joy spray 
Directions: 
Preheat Oven to 375° 
Spray two cookie sheets with Baker's Joy spray
Sift together in a bowl flour, salt, soda
Cream butter and sugars together in a bowl with the mixer
Add in 2 eggs and vanilla extract
Mix well 
Add flour mixture about a cup at a time scraping sides until all added and
mixed to a uniformly creamy consistency.
Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets and bake until set.
About 9 or 10 minutes.
Allow to cool for a minute or two before moving the cookies to another surface to cool flat.    Store in an air tight container. 

Makes 4 dozen cookies

** Tessa got a little too much flour in the mixture. I added 1/4 cup buttermilk to 
bring the mixture back to the proper consistency and it made the cookies really soft and moist.   She is also allergic to eggs, but as long as the egg is cooked IN something she is ok. In adding the eggs I broke them one by one and allowed her to dump them in using the measuring cup. She did not have to come in direct contact with raw egg protein then. No problems with rashes or breaking out! No swelling lips either!

Finished chocolate chip cookies!



No comments:

Post a Comment